Within the road definition file, each road type can contain:
- "Segments" (textured quads that make the roads)
- Objects (placed along the road)
- Wires (for powerlines)
- Car lanes (that vehicles drive along)
"Cars" are just objects too. So one way to make a vehicle drive around an airport would be:
- Create a road definition file with a new road type. That road type only has a car lane which references your vehicles OBJ model.
- Make an overlay DSF with this new road type, drawing the path the vehicle OBJ will randomly take.
- Package the overlay, .net file, and OBJ all together and you've got randomly generated vehicles moving around.